•   about 2 months ago

App type requirements in AppSource

Does the app need to be submitted to AppSource as a "Teams app" under the category "Microsoft 365 Add-in" or can the app be submitted as a SaaS "Web App" ?

• 5 comments

• Manager   •   about 2 months ago

Hey David,

Great question. Let me confirm before I reply! :)

Best,
    Stef

• Manager   •   about 2 months ago

Hey David,

Sorry for the delay! I have an answer for you: Selec the category titled “Office Store Program.” Then underneath that, select “Teams App."

Thanks!
    Stef

•   •   16 days ago

Hi Stef.

I just wanted to expand on this. Are we only allowed to publish our Teams apps through the Partner Centre via "Office Store" as you mention above? Or are we also allowed to publish via "Commercial Marketplace"?

I'm thinking there will be a number of partners (including us at ModernCollab.) who will want to add a subscription after a free trial period. Can you clarify this is ok?

Additionally, if the answer is yes, I see the judging for this challenge will be 01-March to 08-March. Is a "free trial period" of 1 week therefore sufficient? Or will the judges need a longer free access period?

• Manager   •   11 days ago

You all are asking good questions! I have to follow up and get back to you to make sure I'm correctly answering.

For the free access for judging (no matter what the other answer is) we can take a number of options. You can provide a test account to log in with in the testing instructions field on the submission form, provide some coupon codes, or as you suggested, have a free trial of ~1-2 weeks for new users. I'll get back to you on the AppSource question though.

Happy New Year!
    Stef

• Manager   •   10 days ago

Hey Dan!

Wanted to follow up on your question. We need those that submit, to select submitting to AppSource, but you could also list your app on the Azure marketplace as well. After the winners are announced, you can change things for your future business potential.

Thanks!
    Stef

Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.